Moon Quotes: The moon is the fifth largest satellite in our solar system, formed about 4.5 billion years ago. May appear to produce white light but the fact is that the surface of the moon is dark and it plays a major role in the formation of tides.
Over the years, people have been fascinated by this great, round object that brightens our world at night.
Here are some of the best Moon Quotes, to help you truly see the beauty of this heavenly body.
1. “If you strive for the Moon, maybe you’ll get over the fence.” — James Woods
2. “The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen.” — Shannon L. Alder
3. “There’s no point in saving the world if it means losing the moon.” — Tom Robbins
4. “The moon had been observing the earth close-up longer than anyone. It must have witnessed all of the phenomena occurring—and all of the acts carried out—on this earth. But the moon remained silent; it told no stories.” — Haruki Murakami
5. “Many solemn nights blond moon, we stand and marvel…Sleeping our noons away.” — Teitoku
6. “The moon is the friendliest of the celestial bodies, after all, glowing warm and white and welcoming, like a friend who wants only to know that all of us are safe in our narrow worlds, our narrow yards, our narrow, well-considered lives.” — Seanan McGuire
7. “I wish to cry. Yet, I laugh, and my lipstick leaves a red stain like a bloody crescent moon on top of the beer can.” — Sylvia Plath
8. “In part. She sat down and pulled her necklace out of her shirt. I read about it in my mother’s journal. The Witches believe we are all parts of a whole. Like the phases of the moon. Together, we complete the circle and bring balance.” — Amber Argyle, Witch Song
9. “Goodnight, moon. Goodnight, stars. Goodnight planets, comets and… Mars. Yes, even you, Mars. And not only for the sake of the rhyme.” – Paul The Astronaut
10. “If you were to send a werewolf to the moon, would he be a werewolf permanently?” – Kristen Schaal
Short Moon Quotes
Here are Short Moon Quotes.
11. “What good is the Moon? You can’t buy it or sell it.” – Ivan Boesky
12. “Tonight, history was going to be made. And it wasn’t the discovery-of-radium, first-man-on-the-moon happy kind of history. It was the Spanish-Inquisition, here-comes-the-Hindenburg bad kind of history.” – Eoin Colfer
13. “I’ve knitted myself a hat, it’s plum red with an appealing lace pattern, I figured that a few air holes would be nice now that it’s spring. I put it on and feel like a cranberry in the snow, and I wonder if they can see me from the moon. Me and the Great Wall.” – Kjersti Annesdatter Skomsvold
14. “The beautiful moon is an antidepressant. Love for her light is in every heart because she is so friendly, loving and forgiving.” — Debasish Mridha
15. “When hope is fleeting, stop for a moment and visualize, in a sky of silver, the crescent of a lavender moon. Imagine it — delicate, slim, precise, like a paper-thin slice from a cabochon jewel. It may not be very useful, but it is beautiful. And sometimes it is enough.” — Vera Nazarian
16. “It is a beautiful and delightful sight to behold the body of the Moon.” — Galileo Galilei
17. “She is the magic of a full moon light!” — Avijeet Das
18. “The moon in all her immaculate purity hung in the sky, laughing at this world of dust. She congratulated me for my carefully considered maneuvers and invited me to share in her eternal solitude.” — Shan Sa, Empress
19. “The moon will guide you through the night with her brightness, but she will always dwell in the darkness, in order to be seen.” — Shannon L. Alder
20. “The half moon on the bank of the river’s devotion. That’s the stab wound, born from the killer emotion.” — Vinnie Paz
Moon Quotes In English
Here are Moon Quotes In English.
21. “She was like the moon, half here and half somewhere else.” – Meeta Ahluwalia
22. “But even when the moon looks like it’s waning … it’s actually never changing shape. Don’t ever forget that.” — Ai Yazawa
23. “The lovers of God never run out of patience, for they know that time is needed for the crescent moon to become full.” — Rumi
24. “There’s something enchanted about the night. All those heavenly bodies, shooting stars, the crescent moon, celestial phenomenon.” — Luanne Rice
25. “Perhaps the crescent moon smiles in doubt at being told that it is a fragment awaiting perfection.” — Rabindranath Tagore
26. “A crescent moon and an innocent shall find their glory and adoration at the end of the tunnel.” ― P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
27. “Here is something you have to understand about stories: They point you in the right direction but they can’t take you all the way there. Stories are crescent moons; they glimmer in the night sky, but they are most exquisite in their incomplete state. Because people crave the beauty of not-knowing, the excitement of suggestion, and the sweet tragedy of mystery.” — Diana Abu-Jaber
28. “The crescent moon in the sky appeared and disappeared between the branches and the thickets, or behind the playful diaphanous night clouds, like the jewel in the crown that shines or blurs according to the destiny of the empire.” ― Mukta Singh-Zocchi
29. “Don’t tell me the Moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” — Anton Chekhov
30. “A full moon hung across the heavens like a pregnant belly.” — Kien Nguyen
Best Moon Quotes
Here are Best Moon Quotes.
31. “The moon understands what it means to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Cratered by imperfections.” — Tahereh Mafi
32. “You gazed at the moon and fell in the gutter.” – Thomas Fuller
33. “Have they built cities on the moon? another boy asked hopefully. ‘We left some garbage and a flag there in the sixties, but thats about it.’ – Ransom Riggs
34. “Wakin’ up to find another day. The moon got lost again last night, but now the sun has finally had its say.” – Gwen Stefani
35. “There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery.“ — Joseph Conrad
36. “The moon does not fight. It attacks no one. It does not worry. It does not try to crush others. It keeps to its course, but by its very nature, it gently influences. What other body could pull an entire ocean from shore to shore? The moon is faithful to its nature and its power is never diminished.” — Deng Ming-Dao
36. “There might be a connection between the moon’s energy when it’s full and the electrical impulses in the brain.” — Colin Cotterill
37. “We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win.” — John F. Kennedy
38. “Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.”— Gautama Buddha
39. “We may look at the same moon, but our hearts sing different songs depending on our inner emotions and perceptions.” — Debasish Mridha
40. “The wisdom of the Moon is greater than the wisdom of the Earth because the Moon sees the universe better than the Earth can see it.” — Mehmet Murat Ildan
Moon Quotes And Sayings
Here are Moon Quotes And Sayings.
41. “When the storm is over and night falls and the moon is out in all its glory and all you’re left with is the rhythm of the sea, of the waves, you know what God intended for the human race, you know what paradise is.” — Harold Pinter
42. “The moon looks upon many night flowers; the night flowers see but one moon.” — Jean Ingelow
43. “What does patience mean? It means to look at the thorn and see the rose, to look at the night and see the dawn. Impatience means to be short-sighted as to not be able to see the outcome. The lovers of God never run out of patience, for they know that time is needed for the crescent moon to become full.” — Shams Tabrizi
44. “Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss it you will land among the stars.” — Les Brown
45. “Those are the same stars, and that is the same Moon, that looks down upon your brothers and sisters, and which they see as they look up to them, though they are ever so far away from us, and each other.” — Sojourner Truth
46.“Oh, don’t let’s ask for the moon. We’ve already got the stars.” — Bette Davis
47. “Drag me to the moon, to catch a star and seize its brilliance as I’m swept up in amorphous dust.” — Bradley Chicho
48. “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” – W. Clement Stone
49. “I’m as old as the moon and the stars, and as young as the trees and the lakes.” — Afrika Bambaataa
50. “I love to think that animals and humans and plants and fishes and trees and stars and the moon are all connected.” — Gloria Vanderbilt
Here are Moon Sayings.
51. “The reappearance of the crescent moon after the new moon; the return of the Sun after a total eclipse, the rising of the Sun in the morning after its troublesome absence at night were noted by people around the world; these phenomena spoke to our ancestors of the possibility of surviving death. Up there in the skies was also a metaphor of immortality.” — Carl Sagan
52. “When one starts thinking of the full moon as a common sight that will come again to one’s eyes ad-infinitum, the value of life is diminished and life goes by uncherished.” — Roman Payne
53. “Don’t compare your life to others. There’s no comparison between the sun and the moon. They shine when it’s their time.”
54. “Be the moon and inspire people, even when you’re far from full.” – K. Tolnoe
55. “Never tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.”
56. “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince
57. “The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to.” — Carl Sandburg
58. “I never really thought about how when I look at the moon, it’s the same moon as Shakespeare and Marie Antoinette and George Washington and Cleopatra looked at.” — Susan Beth Pfeffer
59. “Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
60. “Be both soft and wild. Just like the moon. Or the storm. Or the sea.” — Victoria Erickson
Quotes About Moon
Here are Quotes About Moon.
61. “She and the moon could always be found playing in the darkness.” — A.J. Lawless
62. “With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon who could not be happy?” — Oscar Wilde
63. “How many ways can you describe the sky and the moon?” — Toni Morrison
64. “Go slowly, my lovely moon, go slowly.” — Khaled Hosseini
65. “Drink in the moon as though you might die of thirst.” — Sanober Khan
66. “And all the insects ceased in honor of the moon.” — Jack Kerouac
67. “She is the magic of a full moon light!” — Avijeet Das
68. “The moon shines full on the full of the moon.” — Anthony T. Hinks
69. “Tell me the story about how the sun loved the moon so much, that she died every night just to let him breathe.” –Hanako Ishii
70. “Do not swear by the moon, for she changes constantly. then your love would also change.” ― William Shakespeare, “Romeo and Juliet”
Quotes On Moon
Here are Quotes On Moon.
71. “For you, full moon, keep vigil for you, my girl, keep vigil for you, my love.” — Miguel Ángel Sáez Gutiérrez
72. “I want to be in love with you the same way I am in love with the moon with the light shining out of its soul.” — Sanober Khan
73. “I can feel the moon’s love for the earth in my soul when it’s magical silent silvery light touches my heart.” — Debasish Mridha MD
74. “The moon is the reflection of your heart and moonlight is the twinkle of your love.” — Debasish Mridha
75. “It was the kind of moon that I would want to send back to my ancestors and gift to my descendants so they know that I too, have been bruised…by beauty.” — Sanober Khan
76. “When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.” — Mahatma Gandhi
77. “We love the night and its quiet; and there is no night that we love so well as that on which the moon is coffined in clouds.” — Fitz-James O’Brien
78. “Tell me how can I look up at the moon, When I know that moon shines upon you, Through that window in your room, Oh how I wish I had you in my arms see darling I would never let you go.” – Justin Nozuka
79. “I feel like the Moon is a very beautiful woman. She’s in control.” – Ravyn Lenae
80. “We are all like the bright Moon; we still have our darker side.” – Khalil Gibran
The moon is our nearest neighbor, illuminating our way when all seems dark.
Remember, sharing is caring.