Forgiveness Quotes: Truth be told, forgiving someone and letting go of the hurt they caused is not very easy. As a matter of fact, it could be one of the hardest decisions anyone could ever take. But as hard as it could be, it is one of the most important decisions to take because not only does it bring peace between you and the offender, it also sets you free from a lot of things.
You may be having a health challenge and all you need could be to let go of the hurt someone caused. Forgiveness gives you a new approach to life and helps you see people in a new light.
Here are some famous Forgiveness Quotes to help give you more understanding.
Here are Forgiveness Quotes.
1. “It’s not an easy journey, to get to a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place, because it frees you.” – Tyler Perry
2. “When you forgive, you in no way change the past – but you sure do change the future.” – Bernard Meltzer
3. “Forgiveness is not about the other person or what they did. Forgiveness is for YOU and about YOU.” – Iyanla Vanzant
4. “Forgive others not because they deserve forgiveness, but because you deserve peace.” – Jonathan Huie
5. “Forgiveness is a powerful expression of the love within our soul.” – Anthony Douglas
6. “It’s one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself, to forgive. Forgive everybody.” – Maya Angelou
7. “Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.” – John F. Kennedy
8. “I can forgive, but I cannot forget, is only another way of saying, I will not forgive. Forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note – torn in two, and burned up, so that it never can be shown against one.” – Henry Ward Beecher
9. “Forgiveness is the most effective way of dealing with arguments; altruism and forgiveness bring humanity together so that no conflict, however serious, will go beyond the bounds of what is truly human.” – Dalai Lama
10. “Sometimes the first step to forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.” – Unknown
Best Forgiveness Quotes
Here are Best Forgiveness Quotes.
11. “Forgiveness is a virtue of the brave.” – Indira Gandhi
12. “Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future.” – Lewis B. Smedes
13. “Genuine forgiveness is participation, reunion overcoming the powers of estrangement. . . We cannot love unless we have accepted forgiveness, and the deeper our experience of forgiveness is, the greater is our love.” – Paul Tillich
14. “Never forget the three powerful resources you always have available to you: love, prayer, and forgiveness.”’ – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
15. “Forgiveness is the best form of love. It takes a strong person to say sorry, and an even stronger person to forgive.” – Unknown
16. “When I talk of forgiveness I mean the belief that you can come out the other side … a better person than the one being consumed by anger and hatred. Remaining in that state locks you in a state of victimhood, making you almost dependent on the perpetrator. If you can find it in yourself to forgive then you are no longer chained to the perpetrator. You can move on.” – Desmond Tutu
17. “You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.” – Jan Glidewell
18. “When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.” – Catherine Ponder
19. “Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.” – Paul Boose
20. “The act of forgiveness takes place in our own mind. It really has nothing to do with the other person.” – Louise Hay
Forgiveness Quotes In English
Here are Forgiveness Quotes In English.
21. “Always forgive your enemies – nothing annoys them so much.” – Oscar Wilde
22. “We read that we ought to forgive our enemies; but we do not read that we ought to forgive our friends.” – Sir. Francis Bacon
23. “Most of us can forgive and forget; we just don’t want the other person to forget that we forgave.” – Ivern Ball
24. “To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness.” – Robert Muller
25. “Not forgiving is like drinking rat poison and then waiting for the rat to die.” – Anne Lamott
26. “Before we can forgive one another, we have to understand one another.” – Emma Goldman
27. “Let us forgive each other – only then will we live in peace.” – Leo Nikolaevich Tolstoy
28. “True forgiveness is when you can say, “Thank you for that experience.” – Oprah Winfrey
29. “Once a woman has forgiven her man, she must not reheat his sins for breakfast.” – Marlene Dietrich
30. “Forgiveness is a sign that the person who has wronged you means more to you than the wrong they have dealt.” – Ben Greenhalgh
Forgiveness Quotes And Sayings
Here are Forgiveness Quotes And Sayings.
31. “Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do, cause hate in your heart will consume you too.” – Will Smith
32. “The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.” – Thomas Szasz
33. “A happy marriage is the union of two good forgivers.” – Robert Quillen
34. “Forgiveness isn’t approving what happened. It’s choosing to rise above it.” – Robin Sharma
35. “If you can’t forgive and forget, pick one.” – Robert Brault
36. “There is no love without forgiveness, and there is no forgiveness without love.” – Bryant H. McGill
37. “Be the one who nurtures and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart one who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them.” – Marvin J. Ashton
38. “To be wronged is nothing, unless you continue to remember it.” – Confucius
39. “Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.” – Nelson Mandela
40. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Positive Forgiveness Quotes
Here are Positive Forgiveness Quotes.
41. “Without forgiveness life is governed by an endless cycle of resentment and retaliation.” – Roberto Assagioli
42. “Be the one who nurtures and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart one who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them.” – Marvin J. Ashton
43. “Forgiveness is the sweetest revenge.” – Isaac Friedmann
44. “True forgiveness is not an action after the fact, it is an attitude with which you enter each moment.” – David Ridge
45. “Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself.” – Tony Robbins
46. “Forgiveness is like faith. You have to keep reviving it.” – Mason Cooley
47. “Forgiveness is the key to action and freedom.” – Hannah Arendt
48. “Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.” – Mark Twain
49. “The remarkable thing is that we really love our neighbour as ourselves: we do unto others as we do unto ourselves. We hate others when we hate ourselves. We are tolerant toward others when we tolerate ourselves. We forgive others when we forgive ourselves. We are prone to sacrifice others when we are ready to sacrifice ourselves.” – Eric Hoffer
50. “The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.” – Marianne Williamson
Inspiring Forgiveness Quotes
Here are Inspiring Forgiveness Quotes.
51. “I have always found that mercy bears richer fruits than strict justice.” – Abraham Lincoln
52. “A broken friendship that is mended through forgiveness can be even stronger than it once was.” – Stephen Richards
53. “Anger makes you smaller, while forgiveness forces you to grow beyond what you were.” – Cherie Carter-Scott
54. “To err is human, to forgive, divine.” – Alexander Pope
55. “Forgiveness is a funny thing. It warms the heart and cools the sting.” – William Arthur Ward
56. “Forgiveness is not an occasional act, it is a constant attitude.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
57. “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” – William Blake
58. “Forgiveness is the key to inner peace because it is the mental technique by which our thoughts are transformed from fear to love.” – Marianne Williamson
59. “As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn’t leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I’d still be in prison.” – Nelson Mandela
60. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
Inspirational Forgiveness Quotes
Here are Inspirational Forgiveness Quotes.
61. “As long as you don’t forgive, who and whatever it is will occupy a rent-free space in your mind.” – Isabelle Holland
62. “Why do people persist in a dissatisfying relationship, unwilling either to work toward solutions or end it and move on? It’s because they know changing will lead to the unknown, and most people believe that the unknown will be much more painful than what they’re already experiencing.” – Anthony Robbins
63. “Laughter gives us distance. It allows us to step back from an event, deal with it and then move on.” – Bob Newhart
64. “Forgiveness is the giving, and so the receiving, of life.” – George MacDonald
65. “Don’t dwell on what went wrong. Instead, focus on what to do next. Spend your energy moving forward together towards an answer.” – Denis Waitley
66. “You don’t need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding.” – Guy Finley
67. “When we go back in to the past and rake up all the troubles we’ve had, we end up reeling and staggering through life. Stability and peace of mind come by living in the moment.” – Pam W. Vredevelt
68. “Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal. Live this day as if it were your last. The past is over and gone. The future is not guaranteed.” – Wayne Dyer
69. “Forgiveness is the final form of love.” – Reinhold Niebuhr
70. “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?” – Leo Buscaglia
71. “We think that forgiveness is weakness, but it’s absolutely not; it takes a very strong person to forgive.” – T. D. Jakes
72. “Forgiveness is the most important thing. We all have to forgive what was done to us – the Irish people have to forgive. The African people. The Jewish people. We all have to forgive and understand the only way to stop the cycle of hate and abuse is not to allow yourself to get caught in it.” – Sinead O’Connor
73. “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.” – Lewis B. Smedes
74. “To be a Christian means to forgive the inexcusable because God has forgiven the inexcusable in you.” – C.S. Lewis
75. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
A merry heart is the best medicine for the body. Forgive today.
We hope you had a nice time going through our collection of Forgiveness Quotes. You can share with us in the comment section your favourite one(s).
Remember, sharing is caring.