Religious Quotes: With the steady decline of morals, and the rise of new religions and doctrines everywhere, seeing people having doubts, confusion, and even losing their faith is becoming a norm in society.
Do you think you belong in this category? Are you gradually losing it? Fear not, you are not without help.
In this article, we’ve put together Religious Quotes to be a light to you in this dark world, to help you find your path in the midst of the chaos and noise.
God bless you as you read our collection of Religious Quotes.
Here are Religious Quotes.
1. “Snowflakes falling from the sky, not quite enough to stay. But soon it’ll be time for us to say, Merry Christmas on a marvelous day!” – Julie Hebert
2. “Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
3. “Animals have come to mean so much in our lives. We live in a fragmented and disconnected culture. Politics are ugly, religion is struggling, technology is stressful, and the economy is unfortunate. What’s one thing that we have in our lives that we can depend on? A dog or a cat loving us unconditionally, every day, very faithfully.” – Jon Katz
4. “All these walls that keep us from loving each other as one family or one race – racism, religion, where we grew up, whatever, class, socioeconomic – what makes us be so selfish and prideful, what keeps us from wanting to help the next man, what makes us be so focused on a personal legacy as opposed to the entire legacy of a race.” – Kanye West
5. “My religion consists of a humbleadmiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.” – Albert Einstein
6. “For God so loved the World that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” – Jesus Christ
7. “God is a circle whose center is everywhere and circumference nowhere.” – Voltaire
8. “It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui.” – Helen Keller
9. “Let God’s promises shine on your problems.” – Corrie ten Boom
10. “Give yourself entirely to God, enter and hide in the hidden ground of your soul.” – Johannes Tauler
Best Religious Quotes
Here are Best Religious Quotes.
11. “Christian marriage is that sacrament which builds up the community of the Church and of society. Marriage has been inscribed in creation’s design by God, and, by his grace, countless Christian men and women have lived married life fully.” – Pope Francis
12. “Christ literally walked in our shoes.” – Tim Keller
13. “Everyone ought to worship God according to his own inclinations, and not to be constrained by force.” – Flavius Josephus
14. “There is no higher religion than human service. To work for the common good is the greatest creed.” – Woodrow Wilson
15. “God is to be worshiped as the one beloved, dearer than everything in this and next life.” – Swami Vivekananda
16. “It’s not what’s under the Christmas treethat matters, it’s who’s around it.” – Charlie Brown
17. “I don’t want my children to be what I want them to be. I want my children to become everything God created them to be.”- Unknown
18. “It is a fine thing to establish one’s own religion in one’s heart, not to be dependent on tradition and second-hand ideals. Life will seem to you, later, not a lesser, but a greater thing.” – D. H. Lawrence
19. “Prayer is the means of sustaining a faith that at times can grow weak, The power of prayer is enriching, uplifting to hear our God speak.” – Greta Zwaan
20. “A myth is a religion in which no one any longer believes.” – James Feibleman
- Quotes About Faith: 120 Faith Quotes
- 101 Best Inspirational Christian Quotes
- 75 God Will Make A Way Quotes To Increase Your Faith In God
Religious Quotes In English
Here are Religious Quotes In English.
21. “Man is born broken. He lives by mending. The grace of God is glue.” – Eugene O’Neill
22. “Of all the animosities which have existed among mankind, those which are caused by a difference of sentiments in religion appear to be the most inveterate and distressing, and ought most to be deprecated.” – George Washington
23. “Too many people embrace religion from the same motives that they take a companion in wedlock, not from true love of the person, but because of a large dowry.” – Hosea Ballou
24. “The Catholic faith never changes. But the language and mode of manifesting this one faith can change according to peoples, times and places.” – Francis Arinze
25. “We use religion like a trolley-car–we ride on it only while it is going our way.” – Austin O’Malley
26. “Religion is an illusion and it derives its strength from the fact that it falls in with our instinctual desires.” – Sigmund Freud
27. “Everyone fears and courts his own demon.” – Mason Cooley
28. “More and more people care about religious tolerance as fewer and fewer care about religion.” – Alexander Chase
29. “People who rely most on God rely least on themselves.” – Lemuel K. Washburn
30. “To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
Here are Religious Sayings. Religious Quotes!
31. “He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep, to gain what he cannot lose.” – Jim Elliot
32. “I prayed for twenty years but received no answer until I prayed with my legs.” – Frederick Douglass
33. “Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spirituallife.” – Buddha
34. “Remember who you are. Don’t compromise for anyone, for any reason. You are a child of the Almighty God. Live that truth.” – Lysa Terkeurst
35. “All I have seen teaches me to trust the Creator for all I have not seen.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
36. “When we have a heart full of God’s grace, we will speak with grace.” – Heidi Kreider
37. “I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.” – Thomas Jefferson
38. “Christmas Eve was a night of song that wrapped itself about you like a shawl. But it warmed more than your body. It warmed your heart…filled it, too, with melody that would last forever.” – Bess Streeter Aldrich
39. “Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don’t really matter.” – Francis Chan
40. “Everything is subject to God’s timing and everything depends on it.” – Sunday Adelaja
Inspiring Religious Quotes
Here are Inspiring Religious Quotes.
41. “I speak not of men’s creeds—they rest between Man and his Maker.” – Lord Byron
42. “I believe in a religion that believes in freedom. Any time I have to accept a religion that won’t let me fight a battle for my people, I say to hell with that religion.” – Malcolm X
43. “All religions must be tolerated… for every man must get to heaven in his own way.” – Epictetus
44. “War is the greatest plague that can afflict humanity, it destroys religion, it destroys states, it destroys families. Any scourge is preferable to it.” – Martin Luther
45. “Spiritual opening is not a withdrawal to some imagined realm or safe cave. It is not a pulling away, but a touching of all the experience of life with wisdom and with a heart of kindness, without any separation.” – Jack Kornfield
46. “Joy is always the result of God’s presence, God’s blessings, God’s justice, or the fellowship found with other believers.” – Kristin N.Spencer
47. “Prayer is the key of the morning and the bolt of the evening.” – Mahatma Gandhi
48. “If God is your partner, make your plans BIG!” – D.L. Moody
49. “Religion is a fashionable substitute for Belief.” – Oscar Wilde
50. “Anyone who thinks sitting in church can make you a Christian must also think that sitting in a garage can make you a car.” – Garrison Keillor
Quotes About Religious Life
Here are Quotes About Religious Life. Religious Quotes!
51. “Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays.” – Soren Kierkegaard
52. “I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit.” – Khalil Gibran
53. “If you wish to know the divine, feel the wind on your face and the warm sun on your hand.” – Eido Tai Shimano Roshi
54. “When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.” – Mahatma Gandhi
55. “I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” – C.S. L
56. “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.” – Augustine
57. “When angels visit us, we do not hear the rustle of wings, nor feel the feathery touch of the breast of a dove; but we know their presence by the love they create in our hearts.” – Mary Baker Eddy
58. “My concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God’s side, for God is always right.” – Abraham Lincoln
59. “I thank God for my handicaps, for through them, I have found myself, my work, and my God.” – Helen Keller
60. “God never said that the journey would be easy, but He did say that the arrival would be worthwhile.” – Max Lucado
Inspirational Religious Quotes
Here are Inspirational Religious Quotes.
61. “The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.” – C.S. Lewis
62. “However, many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?” – Buddha
63. “There is only one truth, only men describe it in different ways.” – Hindu Holy Book
64. “You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.” – Swami Vivekananda
65. “Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” – Albert Einstein
66. “This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.” – Dalai Lama
67. “Compassion is a practically acquired knowledge, like dancing. You must do it and practice diligently day by day.“ – Karen Armstrong
68. “People don’t realize how a man’s whole life can be changed by one book.” – Malcolm X
69. “The Bible is worth all the other books which have ever been printed.” – Patrick Henry
70. “God’s work done in God’s way will never lack God’s supplies.” – Hudson Taylor
Short Religious Quotes
Here are Short Religious Quotes.
71. “However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?” – Buddha
72. “To gather with God’s people in united adoration of the Father is as necessary to the Christian life as prayer”. – Martin Luther
73. “Your mind cannot possibly understand God. Your heart already knows.” – Emmanuel
74. “God will meet you where you are in order to take you where He wants you to go.” – Tony Evans
75. “The greatest religion is to be true to your own nature. Have faith in yourselves.” – Swami Vivekananda
76. “God enters by a private door into every individual.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
77. “Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams – they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do – they all contain truths.” – Muhammad Ali
78. “Quit questioning God and start trusting Him!” – Joel Osteen
79. “God give me strength to face a fact though it slay me.” – Thomas Huxley
80. “It is only when men begin to worship that they begin to grow.” – Calvin Coolidge
Religious Quotes And Sayings
Here are Religious Quotes And Sayings.
81. “Baptism is rich in meaning. It suggests cleansing. When you are a disciple, you understand that you are cleansed by Christ. You understand that Christ died in your place on the cross, paying for your sins, fully forgiving you for all your wrongs. You are cleansed from guilt, and you are becoming a cleaner, healthier, more whole person.” – Brian McLaren
82. “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” – Mother Teresa
83. “Belief is truth held in the mind; faith is a fire in the heart.” – Joseph Fort Newton
84. “Nothing can be more contrary to religion and the clergy than reason and common sense.” – Francois Marie Arouet
85. “There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.” – Henry David Thoreau
86. “Christmas is a tonic for our souls. It moves us to think of others rather than of ourselves. It directs our thoughts to giving.” – B. C. Forbes
87. “A religion that gives nothing, costs nothing, and suffers nothing, is worth nothing.” – Martin Luther
88. “If you have two religions in your land, the two will cut each other’s throats; but if you have thirty religions, they dwell in peace.” – Voltaire
89. “Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it with religious conviction.” – Blaise Pascal
90. “Of all bad men religious bad men are the worst.” – C.S. Lewis
Famous Religious Quotes
Here are Famous Religious Quotes.
91. “Healing may not be so much about getting better, as about letting go of everything that isn’t you, all of the expectations, all of the beliefs, and becoming who you are.” – Rachel Naomi Remen
92. “We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.” – Jonathan Swift
93. “Though our feelings come and go, God’s love for us does not.” – C.S. Lewis
94. “When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln
95. “Good Friday is the mirror held up by Jesus so that we can see ourselves in all our stark reality, and then it turns us to that cross and to his eyes and we hear these words, Father forgive them for they know not what they do. That’s us!” – Robert G. Trach
96. “Life is wasted if we do not grasp the glory of the cross, cherish it for the treasure that it is, and cleave to it as the highest price of every pleasure and the deepest comfort in every pain. What was once foolishness to us—a crucified God—must become our wisdom and our power and our only boast in this world.” – John Piper
97. “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” – W.T. Purkiser
98. “We need to reject any politics that targets people because of race or religion. This isn’t a matter of political correctness. It’s a matter of understanding what makes us strong. The world respects us not just for our arsenal; it respects us for our diversity and our openness and the way we respect every faith.” – Barack Obama
99. “Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors where there were only walls.” –Joseph Campbell
100. “A man’s ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.” – Albert Einstein
What you’ve just read is our collection of Religious Quotes – and we hope you had a good time reading. If that’s the case, tell us your favorite one in the comment section.
Remember, sharing is caring.