Quotes About Sadness: Have you been having “sad” feelings? You’re the reason we have put together these Quotes About Sadness — to help you get through that state. A lot of persons find it difficult to communicate their mood to people, and you must know that sadness is not encouraged.
After reading our list of Quotes About Sadness, there’s a high chance that you’ll reset and feel much better again. Without further ado, let’s dive right into it: Quotes About Sadness.
Quotes About Sadness
Here are Quotes About Sadness.
1. “The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keeps out the joy.” – Jim Rohn
2. “One must not let oneself be overwhelmed by sadness.” – Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
3. “Sadness is also a kind of defense.” – Ivo Andrich
4. “Sadness is but a wall between two gardens.” – Kahlil Gibran
5. “Sadness flies away on the wings of time.” – Jean de La Fontaine
6. “Some days are just bad days, that’s all. You have to experience sadness to know happiness, and I remind myself that not every day is going to be a good day, that’s just the way it is!” – Dita Von Teese
7. “Experiencing sadness and anger can make you feel more creative, and by being creative you can get beyond your pain or negativity.” – Yoko Ono
8. “There are moments when I wish I could roll back the clock and take all the sadness away, but I have the feeling that if I did, the joy would be gone as well.” – Nicholas Sparks
9. “The way sadness works is one of the strange riddles of the world. If you are stricken with a great sadness, you may feel as if you have been set aflame, not only because of the enormous pain but also because your sadness may spread over your life, like smoke from an enormous fire.” – Lemony Snicket
10. “We must understand that sadness is an ocean, and sometimes we drown, while other days we are forced to swim.” – R.M. Drake
Best Quotes About Sadness
Here are Best Quotes About Sadness.
11. “The word ‘happy’ would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.” – Carl Jung
12. “You cannot protect yourself from sadness without protecting yourself from happiness.” – Jonathan Safran Foer
13. “Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul.” – Oscar Wilde
14. “Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought.” – Percy Bysshe Shelley
15. “In deep sadness there is no place for sentimentality.” – William S. Burroughs
16. “We’re taught to be ashamed of confusion, anger, fear and sadness, and to me they’re of equal value to happiness, excitement and inspiration.” – Alanis Morissette
17. “We never taste happiness in perfection, our most fortunate successes are mixed with sadness.” – Pierre Corneille
18. “Sadness gives depth. Happiness gives height. Sadness gives roots. Happiness gives branches. Happiness is like a tree going into the sky, and sadness is like the roots going down into the womb of the earth. Both are needed, and the higher a tree goes, the deeper it goes, simultaneously. The bigger the tree, the bigger will be its roots. In fact, it is always in proportion. That’s its balance.” – Osho
19. “Every human walks around with a certain kind of sadness. They may not wear it on their sleeves, but it’s there if you look deep.” – Taraji P. Henson
20. “The largest part of what we call ‘personality’ is determined by how we’ve opted to defend ourselves against anxiety and sadness.” – Alain de Botton
- Depression Quotes: 101 Inspiring Quotes About Depression
- 125 Positive Anxiety Quotes
- 100 Best Stress Quotes
Quotes About Sadness In English
Here are Quotes About Sadness In English.
21. “Boredom, anger, sadness, or fear are not ‘yours,’ not personal. They are conditions of the human mind. They come and go. Nothing that comes and goes is you.” – Eckhart Tolle
22. “Behind every sweet smile, there is a bitter sadness that no one can ever see and feel.” – Tupac Shakur
23. “The good life is not one immune to sadness but one in which suffering contributes to our development.” – Alain de Botton
24. “We never taste a perfect joy; our happiest successes are mixed with sadness.” – Pierre Corneille
25. “They say it’s better to bury your sadness in a graveyard or garden that waits for the spring to wake from its sleep and burst into green.” – Conor Oberst
26. “There is some kind of a sweet innocence in being human- in not having to be just happy or just sad- in the nature of being able to be both broken and whole, at the same time.” – C. Joybell C.
27. “When you feel sad, it’s okay. It’s not the end of the world.” – Mac Miller
28. “The longer and more carefully we look at a funny story, the sadder it becomes.” – Nikolai Gogol
29. “Life is too short to be angry or sad for long.” – Alphonso Davies
30. “Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Here are Sadness Quotes. Quotes About Sadness!
31. “There is no sadder sight than a young pessimist.” – Mark Twain
32. “Sad things happen. They do. But we don’t need to live sad forever.” – Mattie Stepanek
33. “It doesn’t hurt to feel sad from time to time.” – Willie Nelson
34. “A sad soul can kill quicker than a germ.” – John Steinbeck
35. “For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, ‘It might have been.’” – John Greenleaf Whittier
36. “It’s sad when someone you know becomes someone you knew.” – Henry Rollins
37. “The old know what they want; the young are sad and bewildered.” – Logan Pearsall Smith
38. “He who is not just is severe, he who is not wise is sad.” – Voltaire
39. “The saddest thing that befalls a soul is when it loses faith in God and woman.” – Alexander Smith
40. “Sad people dislike the happy, and the happy the sad; the quick thinking the sedate, and the careless the busy and industrious.” – Horace
Relieving Quotes About Sadness
Here are Relieving Quotes About Sadness.
41. “Beauty makes idiots sad and wise men merry.” – George Jean Nathan
42. “The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tomorrow.” – Bob Marley
43. “It is sad to grow old but nice to ripen.” – Brigitte Bardot
44. “Better by far you should forget and smile that you should remember and be sad.” – Christina Rossetti
45. “It is sad not to love, but it is much sadder not to be able to love.” – Miguel de Unamuno
46. “You’re sad because you’re wasting your potential. You know it, your family knows it, everyone knows it. Do something useful.” – Carlos Del Valle
47. “It’s sad, something coming to an end. It cracks you open, in a way – cracks you open to feeling.” – Jennifer Anniston
48. “Sometimes we get sad about things and we don’t like to tell other people that we are sad about them. We like to keep it a secret. Or sometimes, we are sad but we really don’t know why we are sad, so we say we aren’t sad but we really are.” – Mark Haddon
49. “It’s pretty sad when you have to choose between the lesser of two evils.” – Meg White
50. “How sad it is that we give up on people who are just like us.” – Fred Rogers
Quotes To Help With Sadness
Here are Quotes To Help With Sadness. Quotes About Sadness!
51. “I have the choice of being constantly active and happy or introspectively passive and sad.” – Sylvia Plath
52. “The pain never really goes away; you just elevate and get used to it by growing stronger.” – Ritu Ghatourey
53. “Usually when people are sad, they don’t do anything. They just cry over their condition. But when they get angry, they bring about a change.” – Malcolm X
54. “The human condition is a good one in that no one is unhappy except by his own fault.” – Seneca
55. “The wound is the place where the light enters you.” – Rumi
Quotes About Sadness Tears
Here are Quotes About Sadness Tears.
56. “Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.” – Jose N. Harris
57. “There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love.” – Washington Irving
58. “Heavy hearts, like heavy clouds in the sky, are best relieved by the letting of a little water.” – Christopher Morley
59. “Tears are words the mouth can’t say nor can the heart bear.” – Joshua Wisenbaker
60. “Don’t be ashamed to weep; ’tis right to grieve. Tears are only water, and flowers, trees, and fruit cannot grow without water. But there must be sunlight also. A wounded heart will heal in time, and when it does, the memory and love of our lost ones is sealed inside to comfort us.” – Brian Jacques
Inspirational Quotes For Sadness
Here are Inspirational Quotes For Sadness. Quotes About Sadness!
61. “Crying is cleansing. There’s a reason for tears, happiness or sadness.” – Dionne Warwick
62. “Delicious tears! The heart’s own dew.” – Letitia Elizabeth Landon
63. “Tears are the natural penalties of pleasure. It is a law that we should pay for all that we enjoy.” – William Gilmore Simms
64. “A teardrop on earth summons the King of heaven.” – Charles R. Swindoll
65. “Those who don’t know how to weep with their whole heart, don’t know how to laugh either.” – Golda Meir
66. “Sometimes you laugh because you’ve got no more room for crying.” – Terry Pratchett
67. “Crying is all right in its way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do.” – C. S. Lewis, The Silver Chair
68. “Those who do not weep, do not see.” – Victor Hugo, Les Misérables
69. “People cry, not because they’re weak. It’s because they’ve been strong for too long.” – Johnny Depp
70. “I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.” – Charlie Chaplin
Here are Sadness Sayings. Quotes About Sadness!
71. “Any fool can be happy. It takes a man with real heart to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep.” – Clive Barker
72. “Never be afraid of tears. Tear-filled eyes are capable of seeing truth. Tear-filled eyes are capable of seeing the beauty of life.” – Osho
73. “The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea.” – Isak Dinesen
74. “Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, faith looks up.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
75. “There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy.” – Dante Alighieri
76. “The rose and the thorn, and sorrow and gladness are linked together.” – Saadi
77. “There is prodigious strength in sorrow and despair.” – Charles Dickens
78. “Make the most of your regrets; never smother your sorrow, but tend and cherish it till it comes to have a separate and integral interest. To regret deeply is to live afresh.” – Henry David Thoreau
79. “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.” – Leo Buscaglia
80. “Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.” – Steven Tyler
Quotes On Sadness
Here are Quotes On Sadness. Quotes About Sadness!
81. “Sorrows are like thunderclouds, in the distance they look black, over our heads scarcely gray.” – Jean Paul
82. “Words are less needful to sorrow than to joy.” – Helen Hunt Jackson
83. “Nobody understands another’s sorrow, and nobody another’s joy.” – Franz Schubert
84. “If we could read the secret history of our enemies we should find in each man’s life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
85. “The keenest sorrow is to recognize ourselves as the sole cause of all our adversities.” – Sophocles
86. “When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.” – Khalil Gibran
87. “The fundamental delusion – there is something out there that will make me happy and fulfilled forever.” – Naval Ravikant
88. “A long life makes acquaintance with a thousand ills.” – Publilius Syrus
89. “In the valley of sorrow, spread your wings.” – Susan Sontag
90. “Let us remember that sorrow alone is the creator of great things.” – Ernest Renan
91. “There is no point treating a depressed person as though she were just feeling sad, saying, ‘There now, hang on, you’ll get over it.’ Sadness is more or less like a head cold- with patience, it passes. Depression is like cancer.” – Barbara Kingsolver
As usual, we have come with another collection — this time a collection of Quotes About Sadness [Sadness Quotes]. You can share with us the one you can relate the most with, in the comment section.
Remember, sharing is caring.