Anxiety Quotes: Just in America alone, there are about 40 million adults who are diagnosed with depression and anxiety disorder — that was caused by stress. Among other mental disorders you can find in the country, these particular ones have become the most popular.
Going through uplifting words has a way of keeping you calm whenever you’re stressed. In this article, we have handpicked a collection of Anxiety Quotes. These Anxiety Quotes contain words from people who understand what anxiety is like.
Let’s proceed to disclose these quotes.
Here are Anxiety Quotes.
1. “P.S. You’re not going to die. Here’s the white-hot truth: if you go bankrupt, you’ll still be okay. If you lose the gig, the lover, the house, you’ll still be okay. If you sing off-key, get beat by the competition, have your heart shattered, get fired…it’s not going to kill you. Ask anyone who’s been through it.” – Danielle LaPorte
2. “Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action.” – Walter Anderson
3. “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” – Dan Millman
4. “Smile, breathe, and go slowly.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
5. “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” – Deepak Chopra
6. “It’s OKAY to be scared. Being scared means you’re about to do something really, really brave.” – Mandy Hale
7. “Do not let your difficulties fill you with anxiety; after all it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine more brightly.” – Ali Ibn Abi Talib
8. “Don’t worry if people think you’re crazy. You are crazy. You have that kind of intoxicating insanity that lets other people dream outside of the lines and become who they’re destined to be.” – Jennifer Elisabeth
9. “You can’t always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside.” – Wayne Dyer
10. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Olin Miller
Best Anxiety Quotes
Here are Best Anxiety Quotes.
11. “Present fears are less than horrible imaginings.” – William Shakespeare
12. “He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.” – Shannon L. Alder
13. “Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.” – Kahlil Gibran
14. “I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth diminishing your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear.” – Steve Maraboli
15. “Anxiety was born in the very same moment as mankind. And since we will never be able to master it, we will have to learn to live with it—just as we have learned to live with storms.” – Paulo Coelho
16. “If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you’ll die a lot of times.” – Dean Smith
17. “When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.” – Winston Churchill
18. “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest taken between two deep breaths.” – Etty Hillesum
19. “Hey you, keep living. It won’t always be this overwhelming.” – Jacqueline Whitney
20. “You have dug your soul out of the dark, you have fought to be here; do not go back to what buried you.” – Bianca Sparacino
Anxiety Quotes In English
Here are Anxiety Quotes In English.
21. “What people in the world think of you is really none of your business.” – Martha Graham
22. “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got.” – Steven Hayes
23. “Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.” – Mary Hemingway
24. “Rule number one is, don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it’s all small stuff.” – Robert Eliot
25. “Every tomorrow has two handles. We can take hold of it with the handle of anxiety or the handle of faith.” – Henry Ward Beecher
26. “[Slow breathing] is like an anchor in the midst of an emotional storm: The anchor won’t make the storm go away, but it will hold you steady until it passes.” – Russ Harris
27. “At the end of the day, tell yourself gently: ‘I love you, you did the best you could today, and even if you didn’t accomplish all you had planned, I love you anyway.” – Anonymous
28. “When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” – Wayne Dyer
29. “If you can’t fly then run; if you can’t run then walk; if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
30. “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Here are Anxiety Sayings. Anxiety Quotes!
31. “How can a person deal with anxiety? You might try what one fellow did. He worried so much that he decided to hire someone to do his worrying for him. He found a man who agreed to be his hired worrier for a salary of $200,000 per year. After the man accepted the job, his first question to his boss was, ‘Where are you going to get $200,000 per year?’ To which the man responded, ‘That’s your worry’” – Max Lucado
32. “Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer.” – William S. Burroughs
33. “Life is 10% of what you experience and 90% of how you respond to it.” – Dorothy M. Neddermeyer
34. “Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keeps friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.” – Grenville Kleiser
35. “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” – Steve Maraboli
36. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
37. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I want to be.” – Lao Tzu
38. “We ourselves feel that what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.” – Mother Teresa
39. “Whatever happens to you belongs to you. Make it yours. Feed it to yourself even if it feels impossible to swallow. Let it nurture you because it will.” – Cheryl Strayed
40. “You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them.” – Maya Angelou
Social Anxiety Quotes
Here are Social Anxiety Quotes.
41. “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” – Maya Angelou
42. “Don’t be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
43. “You have a treasure within you that is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer.” – Eckhart Tolle
44. “For fast acting relief, try slowing down.” – Lily Tomlin
45. “By being yourself, you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before.” – Edwin Elliot
46. “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.” – Roy Bennett
47. “Stop your whining. If you are frightened, be silent. Whining is for prey. It attracts predators. And you are not prey.” – Robin Hobb
48. “Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.” – Benjamin Franklin
49. “Never let the future disturb you. You will meet it, if you have to, with the same weapons of reason which today arm you against the present.” – Marcus Aurelius
50. “More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.” – Roy T. Bennett
Inspiring Anxiety Quotes
Here are Social Anxiety Quotes.
51. “The universe doesn’t allow perfection.” – Stephen Hawking
52. “I just give myself permission to suck. I find this hugely liberating.” – John Green
53. “Just because I can’t explain the feelings causing my anxiety doesn’t make them less valid.” – Lauren Elizabeth
54. “Don’t assume I’m weak because I have panic attacks. You’ll never know the amount of strength it takes to face the world every day.” – Unknown
55. “The elimination diet: Remove anger, regret, resentment, guilt, blame, and worry. Then watch your health, and life, improve.” – Charles F. Glassman
56. “Anxiety’s like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you very far.” – Jodi Picoult
57. “I tell you the past is a bucket of ashes, so live not in your yesterdays, not just for tomorrow, but in the here and now. Keep moving and forget the post mortems; and remember, no one can get the jump on the future.” – Carl Sandburg
58. “Worry is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do but never gets you anywhere.” – Erma Bombeck
59. “Anxiety is love’s greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you. You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic.” – Anais Nin
60. “Trust yourself. You’ve survived a lot, and you’ll survive whatever is coming.” – Robert Tew
Quotes On Anxiety
Here are Quotes On Anxiety. Anxiety Quotes!
61. “Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside of you that is greater than any obstacle.” – Christian D. Larson
62. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Henry S. Haskins
63. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
64. “The way you tell your story to yourself matters.” – Amy Cuddy
65. “People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
66. “Whatever is going to happen will happen, whether we worry or not.” – Ana Monnar
67. “If a problem is fixable, if a situation is such that you can do something about it, then there is no need to worry. If it’s not fixable, then there is no help in worrying. There is no benefit in worrying whatsoever.” – The Dalai Lama
68. “Don’t waste your time in anger, regrets, worries, and grudges. Life is too short to be unhappy.” – Roy T. Bennett
69. “A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.” – Aesop
70. “Don’t settle: Don’t finish crappy books. If you don’t like the menu, leave the restaurant. If you’re not on the right path, get off it.” – Chris Brogan
Quotes About Anxiety
Here are Quotes About Anxiety. Anxiety Quotes!
71. “Of all your troubles, great and small, the greatest are the ones that don’t happen at all.” – Thomas Carlyle
72. “The great thing, then, in all education, is to make our nervous system our ally instead of our enemy.” – William James
73. “Stress is an ignorant state. It believes everything is an emergency.” – Natalie Goldberg
74. “When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.” – Winston S. Churchill
75. “I am reminded of the advice of my neighbor. ‘Never worry about your heart till it stops beating.’” – E. B. White
76. “You’re worried about what-ifs. Well, what if you stopped worrying?” – Shannon Celebi
77. “Worry in the dark can make it even darker.” – Camron Wright
78. “Worrying about outcomes over which I have no control is punishing myself before the universe has decided whether I ought to be punished.” – Sherry Thomas
79. “To live by worry is to live against reality.” – E. Stanley Jones
80. “It ain’t no use putting up your umbrella till it rains!” – Alice Caldwell Rice
Quotes To Help With Anxiety
Here are Quotes To Help With Anxiety. Anxiety Quotes!
81. “Nothing is permanent in this wicked world — not even our troubles.” – Charlie Chaplin
82. “Don’t let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries.” – Astrid Alauda
83. “Never let life’s hardships disturb you … no one can avoid problems, not even saints or sages.” – Nichiren Daishonen
84. “If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.” – Amit Ray
85. “Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keeps friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.” – Grenville Kleiser
86. “Once you choose hope, anything is possible.” – Christopher Reeve
87. “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was ending, she became a butterfly.” – Barbara Haines Howett
88. “Today’s a perfect day for a whole new start. Let go of fear and free your mind. It’s time to open your heart.” – Chris Butler
89. “Inner peace begins the moment you choose not to allow another person or event to control your emotions.” – Pema Chodron
90. “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.” – William James
Positive Stress Quotes
Here are Positive Stress Quotes.
91. “A pearl is a beautiful thing that is produced by an injured life. It is the tear (that results) from the injury of the oyster. The treasure of our being in this world is also produced by an injured life. If we had not been wounded, if we had not been injured, then we will not produce the pearl.” – Stephan Hoeller
92. “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
93. “There are far, far better things ahead than anything we leave behind.” – C. S. Lewis
94. “Maybe you have to know the darkness before you can appreciate the light.” – Madeleine L’Engle
95. “Keep yourself busy if you want to avoid depression. For me, inactivity is the enemy.” – Matt Lucas
96. “The other thing is that if you rely solely on medication to manage depression or anxiety, for example, you have done nothing to train the mind so that when you come off the medication, you are just as vulnerable to a relapse as though you had never taken the medication.” – Daniel Goleman
97. “The only thing that could spoil a day was people. People were always the limiters of happiness except for the very few that were as good as spring itself.” – Ernest Hemingway
98. “Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. The best is yet to come.” – Zig Ziglar
99. “If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” – Fred Rogers
100. “The largest part of what we call ‘personality’ is determined by how we’ve opted to defend ourselves against anxiety and sadness.” – Alain de Botton
Inspirational Quotes For Anxiety Sufferers
Here are Inspirational Quotes For Anxiety Sufferers. Anxiety Quotes!
101. “In the end, just three things matter: How well we have lived. How well we have loved. How well we have learned to let go.” – Jack Kornfield
102. “Anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strength.” – Charles Spurgeon
103. “Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the most wonderful things that will ever happen to us.” – Nicole Reed
104. “Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind. If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.” – Arthur Somers Roche
105. “Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
106. “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you.” – Anne Lamott
107. “Stand up to your obstacles and do something about them. You will find that they haven’t half the strength you think they have.” – Norman Vincent Peale
108. “There is only one way to happiness and that is to cease worrying about things which are beyond the power of our will.” – Epictetus
109. “I will breathe. I will think of solutions. I will not let my worry control me. I will not let my stress level break me. I will simply breathe. And it will be okay because I don’t quit.” – Shayne McClendon
110. “No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anybody but oneself.” – Virginia Woolf
Calming Quotes For Anxiety
Here are Calming Quotes For Anxiety. Anxiety Quotes!
111. “When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and don’t be afraid of the dark. At the end of the storm is a golden sky And the sweet silver song of a lark.” – Oscar Hammerstein II
112. “Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on.” – Eckhart Tolle
113. “In order to move on, you must understand why you felt what you did and why you no longer need to feel it.” – Mitch Albom
114. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
115. “Take chances, make mistakes. That’s how you grow. Pain nourishes your courage. You have to fail in order to practice being brave.” – Mary Tyler Moore
116. “My anxiety doesn’t come from thinking about the future but from wanting to control it.” – Hugh Prather
117. “People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them.” – George Bernard Shaw
118. “Feelings come and go like clouds in a windy sky. Conscious breathing is my anchor.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
119. “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King
120. “Our stresses, anxieties, pains, and problems arise because we do not see the world, others or even ourselves as worthy of love.” – Prem Prakash
121. “We all have anxiety about things. We all have little insecurities, but eventually, you have to face your fears if you want to be successful, and everybody has some fear of failure.” – Nick Saban
122. “Happiness is not a brilliant climax to years of grim struggle and anxiety. It is a long succession of little decisions simply to be happy at the moment.” – J. Donald Walters
123. “We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
124. “Anxiety happens when you think you have to figure out everything all at once. Breathe. You’re strong. You got this. Take it day by day.” – Karen Salmansohn
125. “Many of us feel stress and get overwhelmed not because we’re taking on too much, but because we’re taking on too little of what really strengthens us.” – Marcus Buckingham
We hope you enjoyed reading our collection of Anxiety Quotes. You can share with us which one(s) of the anxiety quotes is your favorite, in the comment section.
Remember, sharing is caring.