Family Quotes: Family is one of the most important, if not the most important part of our lives. Taking time every day to appreciate our loved ones for all that they do helps us to reconnect as a family.
These family quotes and family sayings are perfect to celebrate your love for your family members. Use these quotes for custom photo books, thoughtful gifts, or even just any day to say you’re thinking of a loved one.
The basic connection between family will always be love. Consider adding these beautiful quotes to custom magnets to share with your family.
Short and simple, these family quotes get straight to the point. Even though all families are complicated, the shortest quotes about family can manage to say everything. Add a short family caption like the ones below to your custom home decor to make your home feel warm, inviting, and family-oriented.
Because if you weren’t feeling the family love already, these 101 family quotes and sayings will inspire warm and fuzzy feelings for your favorite people—no matter how wacky the bunch may be!
Here are Family Quotes.
1. Having a family is like having a bowling alley installed in your brain.” — Martin Mull
2. “Life is beautiful. It’s about giving. It’s about family.” – Walt Disney
3.“The love of family and the admiration of friends are much more important than wealth and privilege.” — Charles Kuralt
4. “The world, we’d discovered, doesn’t love you like your family loves you.” — Louis Zamperini
5. “Family and friendships are two of the greatest facilitators of happiness.” –John C. Maxwell
6“The family is the first essential cell of human society.” – Pope John XXIII
7. “That’s what people who love you do. They put their arms around you and love you when you’re not so lovable.”― Deb Caletti
8. “There is no such thing as fun for the whole family.¨ — Jerry
9. “The greatest thing in family life is to take a hint when a hint is intended-and not to take a hint when a hint isn’t intended.” — Robert Frost
10. ““Families are like fudge–mostly sweet, with a few nuts.” — Les Dawson
Best Family Quotes
Here are Best Family Quotes.
11. “The capacity for friendship is God’s way of apologizing for our families.” ― Jay McInerney
12. “Nothing like watching your relatives fight, I always say.”― Rick Riordan
13. I think togetherness is an important ingredient of family life.” — Barbara Bush
14. ““Show me a family of readers, and I will show you the people who move the world.”― Napoleon Bonaparte
15. “The family–that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inmost hearts, ever quite wish to.” – Dodie Smith
16. “Being part of a family means smiling for photos.” –Harry Morgan
17. “Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home.” – Anthony Liccione
18. “When trouble comes, it’s your family that supports you.” – Guy Lafleur
19. “A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss… That’s the trade-off. But I’ll take it all.” — Brad Pitt
20. “I have a wonderful shelter, which is my family.” — José Carreras
Family Quotes In English
Here are Family Quotes In English.
21.“In every conceivable manner, the family is a link to our past, bridge to our future.”— Alex Haley
22. ¨A man should never neglect his family for business.” — Walt Disney
23. “The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only – and that is to support the ultimate career.” ― C.S. Lewis
24. “You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.¨ — Khalil Gibran
25. “So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty.” — Haniel Long
26. “My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the heck she is.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
27. “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.” –Michael J. Fox
28. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” ― George Seinfeld
29. ¨Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.¨ — Margaret Mead
30. “The informality of family life is a blessed condition that allows us all to become our best while looking our worst.” – Marge Kennedy
Happy Family Quotes
Here are Happy Family Quotes.
31. “The greatest gift of family life is to be intimately acquainted with people you might never even introduce yourself to, had life not done it for you.” — Kendall Hailey
32. ¨You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.¨ — Desmond Tutu
33. “Parents are like God because you wanna know they’re out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something.”― Chuck Palahniuk
34. There’s nothing that makes you more insane than family. Or more happy, or more exasperated, or more secure.” – Jim Butcher
35. “Family is family.” – Linda Linney
36. “Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we’re related for better or for worse…and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum.” ― Rick Riordan
37. “Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life.” – Lisa Weed
38. “¨I know all those words, but that sentence makes no sense to me.”― Matt Groening
39. Having a place to go is a home. Having someone to love is a family. Having both is a blessing.” – Donna Hedges
40. One day you will do things for me that you hate. That is what it means to be family.”― Jonathan Safran Foer
Short Family Quotes
Here are Short Family Quotes.
41. “I am blessed to have so many great things in my life – family, friends, and God. All will be in my thoughts daily.” –Lil’ Kim Pogrebin
42. “In time of test, family is best.” – Burmese Proverb
43. “If the family were a boat, it would be a canoe that makes no progress unless everyone paddles.” – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
44. Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life.” – Albert Einstein
45. “The other night I ate at a real nice family restaurant. Every table had an argument going.” — George Carlin
46. “A happy family is but an earlier heaven.” – George Bernard Shaw
47. “Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.” –Romans 12:9
48. “I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.”― Walt Whitman
49. “My dear young cousin, if there’s one thing I’ve learned over the eons, it’s that you can’t give up on your family, no matter how tempting they make it.” ― Rick Riordan
50. “It’s all about the quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family.” – Philip Green
Family Quotes And Sayings
Here are Family Quotes And Sayings.
51. “If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.” ― George Bernard Shaw
52. Sticking with your family is what makes it a family.” – Mitch Albom
53. “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” — Mother Teresa
54. “In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
55. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” – Richard Bach
56. “Family and friends are hidden treasures, seek them and enjoy their riches.” – Wanda Hope Carter
57. “Friends are the family you choose.”― Jess C. Scott
58. “Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.”― Ann Brashares
59. “Nothing is better than going home to family and eating good food and relaxing.” – Irina Shayk
60. “My mother used to tell me that when push comes to shove, you always know who to turn to. That being a family isn’t a social construct but an instinct.” — Jodi Picoult
Family Is Everything Quotes
Here are Family Is Everything Quotes.
61. “My family is my life, and everything else comes second as far as what’s important to me.” – Michael Imperioli
62. “Home is people. Not a place. If you go back there after the people are gone, then all you can see is what is not there any more.”― Robin Hobb
63. “To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.” — Barbara Bush
64. “We may have our differences, but nothing’s more important than family.” –Coco
65. “Stick to the basics, hold on to your family and friends – they will never go out of fashion.” – Niki Taylor
66. “Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.” ― Anthony Brandt
67. “That sounds terrific, thought Cary, just you, your comatose wife your shell-shocked son, and your daughter who hates your guts. Not to mention that your two kids may be in love with each other. Yeah, that sounds like a perfect family reunion.” ― Cassandra Clare
68. “The family is the test of freedom; because the family is the only thing that the free man makes for himself and by himself.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
69. “It is the smile of a child, the love of a mother, the joy of a father, the togetherness of a family.” — Menacheim Begin
70. “Home is where you are loved the most and act the worst.” ― Marjorie Pay Hinckley
Positive Family Quotes
Here are Positive Family Quotes.
71. “To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.” –Barbara Bush
72. “When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching–they are your family.” – Jim Butcher
73. “Ohana means family and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.” — David Ogden Stiers
74. “You need a rock-solid foundation of friends and family to keep you where you need to be.” — Lilly Singh
75.Some people are worth melting for.” – Olaf
76. ““There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues… are created, strengthened and maintained.” – Winston Churchill
77. “Nothing purchased can come close to the renewed sense of gratitude for having family and friends.” – Courtland Milloy
78. “I sustain myself with the love of family.”― Maya Angelou
79. “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.” ― Shannon L. Alder
80. “A family is a bunch of people who keep confusing you with someone you were as a kid.” – Robert Brault81.The most important thing in the world is family and love.” – John Wooden
Inspiring Family Quotes
Here are Inspiring Family Quotes.
81. “Family is everything.” – Unknown
82.“Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.” — Jane Howard
83. “Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space.” – Evan Esar
84. “All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.” — Leo Tolstoy
85. “Then I discovered that being related is no guarantee of love!”― Stieg Larsson
86. “Family is the most important thing in the world.” — Princess Diana
87. “Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family.” — Paul Pearsall
88. “Home isn’t where you’re from, it’s where you find light when all grows dark.”― Pierce Brown
89. “A dysfunctional family is any family with more than one person in it.” — Mary Karr
90. “The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, lies in its loyalty to each other.” – Mario Puzo
Quotes About Family
Here are Quotes About Family.
91. “It didn’t matter how big our house was; it mattered that there was love in it.” — Peter Buffett
92. “Family isn’t something that’s supposed to be static, or set. People marry in, divorce out. They’re born, they die. It’s always evolving, turning into something else.” ― Sarah Dessen
93. “My greatest pleasure is spending time with my family.” — Siri Hustvedt
94. “You are born into your family and your family is born into you. No returns. No exchanges.” — Elizabeth Berg
95. “A daughter without her mother is a woman broken. It is a loss that turns to arthritis and settles deep into her bones.” ― Kristin Hannah
96. “A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.” — George A. Moore
97. “I don’t think quantity time is as special as quality time with your family.” — Reba McEntire
98. “Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future.” – Gail Lumet Buckley
99. The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.” – Lee Iacocca
100. The family is one of nature’s masterpieces.” – George Santayana
101. Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.” – Brad Henry
Congratulations on reading to the end of this article. We hope you enjoyed our collection of Family Quotes.
Remember, sharing is caring.