Buddha Quotes On Changing Yourself: Guatama Buddha was a mediator, mendicant and spiritual teacher who loved in the country, India, between the sixth and the fourth centuries BC. He went ahead to create Buddhism through his psychology. During his time, he built a large number of following and is, without doubt, one of the most influential figures of our time.
In this article, we have put together numerous Buddha Quotes On Changing Yourself from Guatama Buddha himself. Let’s get to it.
Buddha Quotes On Changing Yourself
Here are Buddha Quotes On Changing Yourself.
1. “There is no fear for one whose mind is not filled with desires.” – Buddha
2. “Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.” – Buddha
3. “If anything is worth doing, do it with all your heart.” – Buddha
4. “There is no fear for one whose mind is not filled with desires.” – Buddha
5. “Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self.” – Buddha
6. “A man is not called wise because he talks and talks again; but if he is peaceful, loving and fearless then he is in truth called wise.” – Buddha
7. “To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as one’s own in the midst of abundance.” – Buddha
8. “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” – Buddha
9. “If we fail to look after others when they need help, who will look after us?” – Buddha
10. “All that we are is the result of what we have thought.” – Buddha
Buddha Quotes On Change
Here are Buddha Quotes On Change. Buddha Quotes On Changing Yourself!
11. “Wear your ego like a loose fitting garment.” – Buddha
12. “One who acts on truth is happy in this world and beyond.” – Buddha
13. “When watching after yourself, you watch after others. When watching after others, you watch after yourself.” – Buddha
14. “What you are is what you have been. What you’ll be is what you do now.” – Buddha
15. “Give, even if you only have a little.” – Buddha
16. “There is nothing so disobedient as an undisciplined mind, and there is nothing so obedient as a disciplined mind.” – Buddha
17. “He who loves 50 people has 50 woes; he who loves no one has no woes.” – Buddha
18. “The greatest gift is to give people your enlightenment, to share it. It has to be the greatest.” – Buddha
19. “Irrigators channel waters; fletchers straighten arrows; carpenters bend wood; the wise master themselves.” – Buddha
20. “Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.” – Buddha
Life Changing Buddha Quotes
Here are Life Changing Buddha Quotes. Buddha Quotes On Changing Yourself!
21. “If you knew what I know about the power of giving, you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way.” – Buddha
22. “Drop by drop is the water pot filled. Likewise, the wise man, gathering it little by little, fills himself with good.” – Buddha
23. “Silence the angry man with love. Silence the ill-natured man with kindness. Silence the miser with generosity. Silence the liar with truth.” – Buddha
24. “The root of suffering is attachment.” – Buddha
25. “If you find no one to support you on the spiritual path, walk alone.” – Buddha
26. “Even as a solid rock is unshaken by the wind, so are the wise unshaken by praise or blame.” – Buddha
27. “Nothing can harm you as much as your own thoughts unguarded.” – Buddha
28. “You yourself must strive. The Buddhas only point the way.” – Buddha
29. “Understanding is the heartwood of well-spoken words.” – Buddha
30. “Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.” – Buddha
Buddha Life Changing Quotes
Here are Buddha Life Changing Quotes. Buddha Quotes On Changing Yourself!
31. “Meditate… do not delay, lest you later regret it.” – Buddha
32. “Ambition is like love, impatient both of delays and rivals.” – Buddha
33. “Delight in meditation and solitude. Compose yourself, be happy. You are a seeker.” – Buddha
34. “Ceasing to do evil, cultivating the good, purifying the heart: this is the teaching of the Buddhas.”
35. “You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
36. “Ardently do today what must be done. Who knows? Tomorrow, death comes.” – Buddha
37. “If you propose to speak always ask yourself, is it true, is it necessary, is it kind.” – Buddha
38. “We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.” – Buddha
39. “Stop, stop. Do not speak. The ultimate truth is not even to think.” – Buddha
40. “The one in whom no longer exist the craving and thirst that perpetuate becoming; how could you track that Awakened one, trackless, and of limitless range.” – Buddha
Read Also: 110 Quotes About Youths Changing The World
Life Changing Quotes By Buddha
Here are Life Changing Quotes By Buddha. Buddha Quotes On Changing Yourself!
41. “Just as the great ocean has one taste, the taste of salt, so also this teaching and discipline has one taste, the taste of liberation.” – Buddha
42. “Long is the night to him who is awake; long is a mile to him who is tired; long is life to the foolish who do not know the true law.” – Buddha
43. “Endurance is one of the most difficult disciplines, but it is to the one who endures that the final victory comes.” – Buddha
44. “Our life is shaped by our mind; we become what we think. Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.” – Buddha
45. “Whatever precious jewel there is in the heavenly worlds, there is nothing comparable to one who is Awakened.” – Buddha
46. “Our theories of the eternal are as valuable as are those which a chick which has not broken its way through its shell might form of the outside world.” – Buddha
47. “Like a fine flower, beautiful to look at but without scent, fine words are fruitless in a man who does not act in accordance with them.” – Buddha
48. “However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act on upon them?” – Buddha
49. “An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.” – Buddha
50. “Chaos is inherent in all compounded things. Strive on with diligence.” – Buddha
Great Buddha Quotes That Will Change Your Mind And Life
Here are Great Buddha Quotes That Will Change Your Mind And Life. Buddha Quotes On Changing Yourself!
51. The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.
52. The tongue like a sharp knife… Kills without drawing blood.
53. Every human being is the author of his own health or disease.
54. A jug fills drop by drop.
55. I am the miracle.
56. Born out of concern for all beings.
57. May all beings have happy minds.
58. Attachment leads to suffering.
59. Virtue is persecuted more by the wicked than it is loved by the good.
60. Live every act fully, as if it were your last.
Powerful Buddha Quotes That Can Change Your Life
Here are Powerful Buddha Quotes That Can Change Your Life. Buddha Quotes On Changing Yourself!
61. Should a seeker not find a companion who is better or equal, let them resolutely pursue a solitary course.
62. To support mother and father, to cherish wife and child and to have a simple livelihood; this is the good luck.
63. Purity or impurity depends on oneself. No one can purify another.
64. Nothing ever exists entirely alone; everything is in relation to everything else.
65. An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.
66. She who knows life flows, feels no wear or tear, needs no mending or repair.
67. One moment can change a day, one day can change a life and one life can change the world.
68. If we could see the miracle of a single flower clearly, our whole life would change.
69. To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.
70. Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill.
Buddha Quotes On Changing Yourself In English
Here are Buddha Quotes On Changing Yourself In English.
71. We will develop and cultivate the liberation of mind by lovingkindness, make it our vehicle, make it our basis, stabilize it, exercise ourselves in it, and fully perfect it.
72. Everything is based on mind, is led by mind, is fashioned by mind. If you speak and act with a polluted mind, suffering will follow you, as the wheels of the oxcart follow the footsteps of the ox.
73. A mind unruffled by the vagaries of fortune, from sorrow freed, from defilements cleansed, from fear liberated — this is the greatest blessing.
74. You are a seeker. Delight in the mastery of your hands and your feet, of your words and your thoughts.
75. See them, floundering in their sense of mine, like fish in the puddles of a dried-up stream — and, seeing this, live with no mine, not forming attachment for states of becoming.
76. To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one’s family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one’s own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
77. Transcendental intelligence rises when the intellectual mind reaches its limit and if things are to be realized in their true and essential nature, its processes of thinking must be transcended by an appeal to some higher faculty of cognition
78. We are formed and molded by our thoughts. Those whose minds are shaped by selfless thoughts give joy when they speak or act. Joy follows them like a shadow that never leaves them.
79. Indeed, the sage who’s fully quenched rests at ease in every way; no sense desire adheres to him whose fires have cooled, deprived of fuel. All attachments have been severed, the heart’s been led away from pain; tranquil, he rests with utmost ease. The mind has found its way to peace.
80. What is the appropriate behavior for a man or a woman in the midst of this world, where each person is clinging to his piece of debris? What’s the proper salutation between people as they pass each other in this flood?
Best Buddha Quotes On Changing Yourself
Here are Best Buddha Quotes On Changing Yourself.
81. Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.
82. Just as treasures are uncovered from the earth, so virtue appears from good deeds, and wisdom appears from a pure and peaceful mind. To walk safely through the maze of human life, one needs the light of wisdom and the guidance of virtue.
83. There is no fire like passion, there is no shark like hatred, there is no snare like folly, there is no torrent like greed.
84. Both formerly and now, it is only suffering that I describe, and the cessation of suffering.
85. He who can curb his wrath as soon as it arises, as a timely antidote will check snake’s venom that so quickly spreads, — such a monk gives up the here and the beyond, just as a serpent sheds its worn-out skin.
86. May all that have life be delivered from suffering.
87. It is easy to see the faults of others, but difficult to see one’s own faults. One shows the faults of others like chaff winnowed in the wind, but one conceals one’s own faults as a cunning gambler conceals his dice.
88. There is nothing more dreadful than the habit of doubt. Doubt separates people. It is a poison that disintegrates friendships and breaks up pleasant relations. It is a thorn that irritates and hurts; it is a sword that kills.
89. The calmed say that what is well-spoken is best; second, that one should say what is right, not unrighteous; third, what’s pleasing, not displeasing; fourth, what is true, not false.
90. The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, not to anticipate the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.
Hope you had a great time reading the variety of Buddha Quotes About Changing Yourself? If yes, drop your comments on which of them is your favorite.
Enjoy these Buddha Quotes On Change, Life Changing Buddha Quotes, Buddha Life Changing Quotes, Life Changing Quotes By Buddha, Great Buddha Quotes That Will Change Your Mind And Life, and Powerful Buddha Quotes That Can Change Your Life.
Thanks for reading.