Global Warming Quotes: Global warming is real. This is not a prediction, it is happening. We all can feel its impact, ranging from the earth’s ever-rising temperature, ice meltdown, etc – all as a result of emission of greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide, deforestation, etc.
This has become a major concern, so in this article, we have put together 100 Global Warming Quotes from people who know about it.
Let’s get into the crux of this article: Global Warming Quotes.
Global Warming Quotes
Here are Global Warming Quotes.
1. “A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children.” – John James Audubon
2. “Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” – John Muir
3. “I feel more confident than ever that the power to save the planetrests with the individual consumer.” – Denis Hayes
4. “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s needs, but not every man’s greed.” – Mahatma Gandhi
5. “The only way forward, if we are going to improve the quality of the environment, is to get everybody involved.” – Richard Rogers
6. “The environment is where we all meet; where all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” – Lady Bird Johnson
7. “We need the tonic of wildness…At the same time that we are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us because unfathomable. We can never have enough of nature.” – Henry David Thoreau
8. “Nature provides a free lunch, but only if we control our appetites.” – William Ruckelshaus
9. “What we are doing to the forests of the world is but a mirror reflection of what we are doing to ourselves and to one another.” – Chris Maser
10. “Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” – Albert Einstein
Best Global Warming Quotes
Here are Best Global Warming Quotes.
11. “The sun is the only safe nuclear reactor, situated as it is some ninety-three million miles away.” – Stephanie Mills
12. “It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty; the greatest source of intellectual interest. It is the greatest source of so much in life that makes life worth living.” – David Attenborough
13. “The ultimate test of man’s conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard.” – Gaylord Nelson
14. “Man is still the greatest miracle and the greatest problem on this earth.” – David Sarnoff
15. “Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.” – Cree Indian Proverb
16. “We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.” – Aldo Leopold
17. “The best friend of earth of man is the tree. When we use the tree respectfully and economically, we have one of the greatest resources on the earth.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
18. “A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the airand giving fresh strength to our people.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
19. “When we realize we can make a buck cleaning up the environment, it will be done!” – Dennis Weaver
20. “Where the quality of life goes down for the environment, the quality of life goes down for humans.” – George Holland
Global Warming Quotes In English
Here are Global Warming Quotes In English.
21. “The ecological crisis is doing what no other crisis in history has ever done — challenging us to a realization of a new humanity.” – Jean Houston
22. “It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment.” – Ansel Adams
23. “The global environment crisis is, as we say in Tennessee, real as rain, and I cannot stand the thought of leaving my children with a degraded earth and a diminished future.” – Al Gore
24. “The earth we abuse and the living things we kill will, in the end, take their revenge; for in exploiting their presence we are diminishing our future.” – Marya Mannes
25. “He that plants trees loves others beside himself.” – Thomas Fuller
26. “The use of solar energy has not been opened up because the oil industry does not own the sun.” – Ralph Nader
27. “The Earth has a skin and that skin has diseases, one of its diseases is called man.” – Friedrich Nietzsche Philosopher
28. “For 200 years we’ve been conquering nature. Now we’re beating it to death.” – Tom McMillan
29. “The wealth of the nation is its air, water, soil, forests, minerals, rivers, lakes, oceans, scenic beauty, wildlife habitats and biodiversity… that’s all there is. That’s the whole economy. That’s where all the economic activity and jobs come from. These biological systems are the sustaining wealth of the world.” – Gaylord Nelson
30. “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir
31. “The race is now on between the technoscientific and scientific forces that are destroying the living environment and those that can be harnessed to save it. . . . If the race is won, humanity can emerge in far better condition than when it entered, and with most of the diversity of life still intact.” – Edward O. Wilson, The Future of Life
32. “The warnings about global warming have been extremely clear for a long time. We are facing a global climate crisis. It is deepening. We are entering a period of consequences.” – Al Gore
33. “Global warming is no longer a philosophical threat, no longer a future threat, no longer a threat at all. It’s our reality.” –Bill McKibben
34. “Global warming threatens our health, our economy, our natural resources, and our children’s future. It is clear we must act.” – Eliot Spitzer
35. “Yet, despite our many advances, our environment is still threatened by a range of problems, including global climate change, energy dependence on unsustainable fossil fuels, and loss of biodiversity.” –Dan Lipinski
36. “Global warming is too serious for the world any longer to ignore its danger or split into opposing factions on it.” – Tony Blair
37. “People tend to focus on the here and now. The problem is that, once global warming is something that most people can feel in the course of their daily lives, it will be too late to prevent much larger, potentially catastrophic changes.” – Elizabeth Kolbert
38. “Global warming is real – it is man-made and it is an important problem. But it is not the end of the world.” – Bjorn Lomborg
39. “The most important thing about global warming is this. Whether humans are responsible for the bulk of climate change is going to be left to the scientists, but it’s all of our responsibility to leave this planet in better shape for the future generations than we found it.” – Mike Huckabee
40. “Global warming is indeed a scam, perpetrated by scientists with vested interests, but in need of crash courses in geology, logic and the philosophy of science.” – Martin Keeley
Global Warming Quotes For Essay
Here are Global Warming Quotes For Essay.
41. “Some of the scientists, I believe, haven’t they been changing their opinion a little bit on global warming? There’s a lot of differing opinions and before we react I think it’s best to have the full accounting, full understanding of what’s taking place.” – George W. Bush
42. “The good news is, we have everything we need now to respond to the challenge of global warming. We have all the technologies we need, more are being developed…. But we should not wait, we cannot wait, we must not wait.” – Al Gore
43. “Global warming is controversial, of course, but the controversy is mainly over whether human activity is driving it.” – Michio Kaku
44. “Today, we can see with our own eyes what global warming is doing. In that context it becomes truly irresponsible, if not immoral, for us not to do something.” – Joe Lieberman
45. “It is upsetting that many people don’t seem to observe what’s happening to the environment, what’s happening in terms of global warming, the loss of habitats and wild things.” – Joanne Woodward
46. “As human beings, we are vulnerable to confusing the unprecedented with the improbable. In our everyday experience, if something has never happened before, we are generally safe in assuming it is not going to happen in the future, but the exceptions can kill you and climate change is one of those exceptions.” – Al Gore
47. “The clear and present danger of climate change means we cannot burn our way to prosperity. We already rely too heavily on fossil fuels. We need to find a new, sustainable path to the future we want. We need a clean industrial revolution.” – Ban Ki-moon
48. “The shift to a cleaner energy economy wont happen overnight, and it will require tough choices along the way. But the debate is settled. Climate change is a fact.” – Barack Obama
49. “One of the big questions in the climate change debate: Are humans any smarter than frogs in a pot? If you put a frog in a pot and slowly turn up the heat, it won’t jump out. Instead, it will enjoy the nice warm bath until it is cooked to death. We humans seem to be doing pretty much the same thing.” – Jeff Goodell
50. “One could have the mistaken impression that the entirety of climate science is based upon a single correlation study.” – Karl Braganza
Quotes On Global Warming
Here are Quotes On Global Warming. Global Warming Quotes!
51. “Even when nuclear power plants go horribly wrong, they do less damage to the planet and its people than coal-burning stations operating normally.” – George Monbiot
52. ”If you want to know the scientific consensus on global warming, read the reports by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. But if you want to know what the consensus will be ten years from now, read Jim Hansen’s work.” – Chuck Kutscher
53. “Yes, climate science is uncertain. However, it’s certain enough to warrant action. You don’t need to have the seventh decimal place filled in to see that the number isn’t looking good.” – Brian D.
54. “If we do not change our negative habits toward climate change, we can count on worldwide disruptions in food production, resulting in mass migration, refugee crises and increased conflict over scarce natural resources like water and farm land. This is a recipe for major security problems.” – Michael Franti
55. “So anyone who says that we shouldn’t act on climate change because of uncertainty is really inviting you to ride towards a brick wall at 80 km/h because it might not hurt. Are you feeling lucky?” – Stephan Lewandowsky
56. “By the time we see that climate change is really bad, your ability to fix it is extremely limited… The carbon gets up there, but the heating effect is delayed. And then the effect of that heat on the species and ecosystem is delayed. That means that even when you turn virtuous, things are actually going to get worse for quite a while.” – Bill Gates
57. “Climate change is happening, humans are causing it, and I think this is perhaps the most serious environmental issue facing us.” – Bill Nye
58. “Climate change is destroying our path to sustainability. Ours is a world of looming challenges and increasingly limited resources. Sustainable development offers the best chance to adjust our course.” – Ban Ki-moon
59. “Doing all we can to combat climate change comes with numerous benefits, from reducing pollution and associated health care costs to strengthening and diversifying the economy by shifting to renewable energy, among other measures.” – David Suzuki
60. “On climate change, we often don’t fully appreciate that it is a problem. We think it is a problem waiting to happen.” – Kofi Annan
Quotes About Global Warming
Here are Quotes About Global Warming. Global Warming Quotes!
61. “Climate change is a global problem. The planet is warming because of the growing level of greenhouse gas emissions from human activity. If this trend continues, truly catastrophic consequences are likely to ensue from rising sea levels, to reduced water availability, to more heat waves and fires.” – Malcolm Turnbull
62. “Climate change is real. Climate change is being substantially increased by humans and the carbon we put into the atmosphere. And it appears to be speeding up. If science has made any mistakes, science has been underestimating it.” – James Balog
63. “The problem of climate change is so large that it can’t be solved by voluntary individual responses. It requires an economy-wide solution, i.e. one that limits the total carbon intake of the economy.” – Peter Barnes
64. “Today we’re dumping 70 million tons of global-warming pollution into the environment, and tomorrow we will dump more, and there is no effective worldwide response. Until we start sharply reducing global-warming pollution, I will feel that I have failed.” – Al Gore
65. “Water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans.” – Jacques-Yves Cousteau
66. “In Mexico City, Tehran, Kolkata, Bangkok, Shanghai, and hundreds of other cities, the air is no longer safe to breathe. In some cities, the air is so polluted that breathing is equivalent to smoking two packs of cigarettes per day.” – Lester Brown
67. “That we have children coming into this world already polluted, at the same time we don’t know what the effects of that pollution will be on their mental and physical development, is both bad policy and immorally wrong.” – Louise Slaughter
68. “Perhaps we should address fact of man-made pollution instead of focus on the theory of man-made global warming.” – Russell Eric Dobda
69. “The oceans are in trouble; the coasts are in trouble; our marine resources are in trouble. These are not challenges we can sweep aside.” – James Watkins
70. “The environmental effects of the automobile are well known: motor vehicles cause, for example, as much as 75 percent of the noise and 80 percent of the air pollution in our cities, and the industry must face mounting pressure from environmentalists.” – Stewart Udall
Save Earth From Global Warming Quotes
Here are Save Earth From Global Warming Quotes. Global Warming Quotes!
71. “Pollution is nothing but the resources we are not harvesting. We allow them to disperse because we’ve been ignorant of their value.” – R. Buckminster Fuller
72. “We already have the statistics for the future: the growth percentages of pollution, overpopulation, desertification. The future is already in place.” – Gunther Grass
73. “There’s so much pollution in the air now that if it weren’t for our lungs there’d be no place to put it all.” – Robert Orben
74. “Renewable energy also creates more jobs than other sources of energy – most of these will be created in the struggling manufacturing sector, which will pioneer the new energy future by investment that allows manufacturers to retool and adopt new technologies and methods.” – Jay Inslee
75. “To truly transform our economy, protect our security, and save our planet from the ravages of climate change, we need to ultimately make clean, renewable energy the profitable kind of energy.” – Barack Obama
76. “Once the renewable infrastructure is built, the fuel is free forever. Unlike carbon-based fuels, the wind and the sun and the earth itself provide fuel that is free, in amounts that are effectively limitless.” – Al Gore
77. “It is time for a sustainable energy policy which puts consumers, the environment, human health, and peace first.” – Dennis Kucinich
78. “Solar is cost effective right now. When you consider the cost to our health from air pollution, solar is just as competitive as any other energy source.” – Thomas P. Kay
79. “We need to reduce our dependence on foreign oil by ending the subsidies for oil companies, and doubling down on clean energy that generates jobs and strengthens our security.” – Barack Obama
80. “The relationship between renewable energy sources and the communities we expect to host them must be appropriate and sustainable and, above all, acceptable to local people.” – Owen Paterson
Global Warming Awareness Quotes
Here are Global Warming Awareness Quotes. Global Warming Quotes!
81. “By encouraging renewable energy sources such as wind energy, we boost South Dakotaeconomymyomy and we help reduce America’s dependence on foreign oil.” – Tim Johnson
82. “We rushed into renewable energy without any thought. The schemes are largely hopelessly inefficient and unpleasant. I personally can’t stand windmills at any price.” – James Lovelock
83. “There is an incredible renewable energy resource off both coasts of this country – wind and tidal energy that can power our economy, create good paying jobs and reduce greenhouse gas pollution.” – Chellie Pingree
84. “The future is green energy, sustainability, renewable energy.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
85. “I think the cost of energy will come down when we make this transition to renewable energy.” – Al Gore
86. “We need to invest dramatically in green energy, making solar panels so cheap that everybody wants them. Nobody wanted to buy a computer in 1950, but once they got cheap, everyone bought them.” – Bjorn Lomborg
87. “The planet Earth, though not threatened with destruction by man-made global warming, is by no means indestructible. There are many unpredictable events within our solar system, and still more outside it, that could make Earth uninhabitable by humans.” – Paul Johnson
88. “Compared to coal, which generates almost half the electricity in the United States, natural gas is indeed a cleaner, less polluting fuel. But compared to, say, solar, it’s filthy. And of course there is nothing renewable about natural gas.” – Jeff Goodell
89. “Homeowners want solar power. It’s cost-effective. We invented a business model that makes it really easy for consumers to switch to solar – and that’s solar-as-a-service.” – Lynn Jurich
90. “Studies show that investments to spur renewable energy and boost energy efficiency generate far more jobs than oil and coal.” – Jeff Goodell
Best Quotes On Global Warming
Here are Best Quotes On Global Warming. Global Warming Quotes!
91. “Clearly, we need more incentives to quickly increase the use of wind and solar power; they will cut costs, increase our energy independence and our national security and reduce the consequences of global warming.” – Hillary Rodham Clinton
92. ”We feel strongly that industrial wind is a false solution to climate change, and remain committed to defending Maine’s mountain forests as a carbon-sink and as habitat for rare and endangered species.” – Jessie Dowling
93. “Rely on renewable energy flows that are always there whether we use them or not, such as, sun, wind and vegetation: on energy income, not depletable energy capital.” – Amory Lovins
94. “Breaking America’s oil addiction would not lead to a future of sackcloth and ashes.” – Colman McCarthy
95. “I see this [biodiesel] as a way for the farmer to grow fuel and food and put him back in business again.” – Willie Nelson
96. “I believe that the U.S. can and should be a global leader in the development of alternative energy sources…” – Barack Obama
97. “The wind farm business is an immense folly inflicted on a gullible public by big business, with the collusion of big government, at enormous expense to taxpayers and the environment, with shockingly little energy benefit.” – Christopher Barnes
98. ”Really, if it weren’t wind, the environmental groups would be out there screaming their heads off about the destruction that’s going on.” – Stephanie Kaplan
99. “The word “energy” incidentally equates with the Greek word for “challenge.” I think there is much to learn in thinking of our federal energy problem in that light. Further, we need to think of energy in terms of the gift of life.” – Thomas Carr
100. “We simply must balance our demand for energy with our rapidly shrinking resources. By acting now we can control our future instead of letting the future control us.” – Jimmy Carter
Global warming is something that is of global concern but with our collective efforts, we can truly control it.
Hope you enjoyed our list of Global Warming Quotes.
Remember, sharing is caring.