Happy Thanksgiving Quotes: It’s super easy to get yourself caught up in our day-to-day busy life. Starting from the new year resolutions down to the holidays — life moves so fast. This is just why it’s imperative to pause, reflect and feel gratitude for every single one of the blessings you have enjoyed in your life.
In the spirit of expressing gratitude, we have outlined a couple of Happy Thanksgiving Quotes you can use as you go through the year. There’s no special time to be grateful.
Let’s proceed: Happy Thanksgiving Quotes.
Happy Thanksgiving Quotes
Here are Happy Thanksgiving Quotes.
1. “I love Thanksgiving because it is a holiday centered around food and family, two things that are of utmost importance to me.” – Marcus Samuelsson
2. “Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude.” – Nigel Hamilton
3. “He who thanks but with the lips Thanks but in part; The full, the true Thanksgiving Comes from the heart.” – J.A. Shedd
4. “Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence.” – Erma Bombeck
5. “Thanksgiving comes to us out of the prehistoric dimness, universal to all ages and all faiths. At whatever straws we must grasp, there is always a time for gratitude and new beginnings.” – J. Robert Moskin
6. “If you think about a Thanksgiving dinner, it’s really like making a large chicken.” – Ina Garten
7. “Let us remember that, as much has been given us, much will be expected from us, and that true homage comes from the heart as well as from the lips, and shows itself in deeds.” – Theodore Roosevelt
8. “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
9. “Drink and be thankful to the host! What seems insignificant when you have it, is important when you need it.” – Franz Grillparzer
10. “But see, in our open clearings, how golden the melons lie; Enrich them with sweets and spices, and give us the pumpkin-pie!” – Margaret Junkin Preston
Thanksgiving Wishes Quotes
Here are Thanksgiving Wishes Quotes. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes!
11. “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” – John F. Kennedy
12. “Remember God’s bounty in the year. String the pearls of His favor. Hide the dark parts, except so far as they are breaking out in light! Give this one day to thanks, to joy, to gratitude!” – Henry Ward Beecher
13. “Thanksgiving is an emotional holiday. People travel thousands of miles to be with people they only see once a year. And then discover once a year is way too often.” – Johnny Carson
14. “The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving.” – H.U. Westermayer
15. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” – John F. Kennedy
16. “Appreciation can change a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words is all that is necessary.” – Margaret Cousins
17. “Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude.” – E.P. Powell
18. “I come from a family where gravy is considered a beverage.” – Erma Bombeck
19. “It has been an unchallengeable American doctrine that cranberry sauce, a pink goo with overtones of sugared tomatoes, is a delectable necessity of the Thanksgiving board and that turkey is uneatable without it.” – Alistair Cooke
20. “Thanksgiving was never meant to be shut up in a single day.” – Robert Caspar Lintner
Happy Thanksgiving Quotes For Friends
Here are Happy Thanksgiving Quotes For Friends.
21. “There is one day that is ours. There is one day when all we Americans who are not self-made go back to the old home to eat saleratus biscuits and marvel how much nearer to the porch the old pump looks than it used to. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American.” – O. Henry, Two Thanksgiving Day Gentlemen
22. “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
23. “I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land.” – Jon Stewart
24. “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” – W.T. Purkiser
25. “Thanksgiving is the holiday of peace, the celebration of work and the simple life… a true folk-festival that speaks the poetry of the turn of the seasons, the beauty of seedtime and harvest, the ripe product of the year — and the deep, deep connection of all these things with God.” – Ray Stannard Baker
26. “Give thanks not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every day of your life. Appreciate and never take for granted all that you have.” – Catherine Pulsifer
27. “What I love about Thanksgiving is that it’s purely about getting together with friends or family and enjoying food. It’s really for everybody, and it doesn’t matter where you’re from.” – Daniel Humm
28. “Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are.” – Joyce Giraud
29. “Almighty God, who hast given us this good land for our heritage; We humbly beseech Thee that we may always prove ourselves a people mindful of Thy favor and glad to do Thy will.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
30. “All across America, we gather this week with the people we love to give thanks to God for the blessings in our lives.” – George W. Bush
Happy Thanksgiving Grateful Quotes
Here are Happy Thanksgiving Grateful Quotes. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes!
31. “When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup.” – Sam Lefkowitz
32. “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” – Charles Dickens
33. “Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.” – Henry Van Dyke
34. “Thanksgiving, man. Not a good day to be my pants.” – Kevin James
35. “The more we express thanks, the more gratitude we feel. The more gratitude we feel, the more we express thanks. It’s circular, and it leads to a happier life.” – Steve Goodier
36. “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.” – Dalai Lama
37. “I like football. I find its an exciting strategic game. It’s a great way to avoid conversation with your family at Thanksgiving.” – Craig Ferguson
38. “Although Thanksgiving comes but once a year, every day should be a day of Thanks. Among all the challenges that we face as people with hearing loss there are certainly brighter moments in every day – moments that deserve to be recorded in our Gratitude Journal.” – Monique Hammond
39. “Thanksgiving reminds us that no matter what befalls us in life, we can take the charred remnants and we can reconstruct a life unimaginably richer than that from which the shards and pieces fell.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
40. “Thanksgiving Day is a good day to recommit our energies to giving thanks and just giving.” – Amy Grant
Best Thanksgiving Quotes
Here are Best Thanksgiving Quotes. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes!
41. “Real ballplayers pass the stuffing by rolling it up in a ball and batting it across the table with a turkey leg.” – Tom Swyers
42. “My most memorable meal is every Thanksgiving. I love the food: the turkey and stuffing; the sweet potatoes and rice, which come from my mother’s Southern heritage; the mashed potatoes, which come from my wife’s Midwestern roots; the Campbell’s green-bean casserole; and of course, pumpkin pie.” – Douglas Conant
43. “Thanksgiving just gets me all warm and tingly and all kinds of wonderful inside.” – Willard Scott
44. “You shouldn’t just give during Christmas and Thanksgiving you should be giving all the time.” – Alcurtis Turner
45. “On Thanksgiving I will stop to give thanks that my family is safe and healthy, especially because I realize that, following the tragedies of this year, it is all too real a possibility that they might not have been.” – Bobby Jindal
46. “Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are.” – Joyce Giraud
47. “My fondest memories are generally the day after Thanksgiving. I get the total decorating Christmas itch.” – Katharine McPhee
48. “It’s like being at the kids’ table at Thanksgiving – you can put your elbows on it, you don’t have to talk politics… no matter how old I get, there’s always a part of me that’s sitting there.” – John Hughes
49. “An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.” – Irv Kupcinet
50. “Thanksgiving is America’s favorite holiday because it’s a time when we put aside our cares, much as the struggling Pilgrims did nearly four centuries ago, and eat a gut-busting meal without worrying about the ‘out years.’” – David Ignatius
Best Happy Thanksgiving Quotes
Here are Best Happy Thanksgiving Quotes.
51. “Thanksgiving, our eminent moral holiday, doesn’t have much for children. At its heart are conversation, food, drink, and fellowship – all perks of adulthood.” – Rosecrans Baldwin
52. “What we’re really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?” – Erma Bombeck
53. “But see, in our open clearings, how golden the melons lie; Enrich them with sweets and spices, and give us the pumpkin-pie!” – Margaret Junkin Preston
54. “Stand up, on this Thanksgiving Day, stand upon your feet. Believe in man. Soberly and with clear eyes, believe in your own time and place. There is not, and there never has been a better time, or a better place to live in.” – Phillips Brooks
55. “Coexistence: what the farmer does with the turkey — until Thanksgiving.” – Mike Connolly
56. “Our rural ancestors, with little blest, Patient of labour when the end was rest, Indulged the day that housed their annual grain, With feasts, and off’rings, and a thankful strain.” – Alexander Pope
57. “A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues.” – Cicero
58. “Thanksgiving is so called because we are all so thankful that it only comes once a year.” – P. J. O’Rourke
59. “I suppose I will die never knowing what pumpkin pie tastes like when you have room for it.” – Robert Brault
60. “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” – W.T. Purkiser
Happy Thanksgiving Wishes Quotes
Here are Happy Thanksgiving Wishes Quotes. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes!
61. “Thanksgiving is America’s national chow-down feast, the one occasion each year when gluttony becomes a patriotic duty.” – Michael Dresser
62. “If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.” – W. Clement Stone
63. “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” – Gerald Good
64. “Pride slays thanksgiving, but a humble mind is the soil out of which thanks naturally grow. A proud man is seldom a grateful man, for he never thinks he gets as much as he deserves.” – Henry Ward Beecher
65. “The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.” – William Blake
66. “The Thanksgiving tradition is, we overeat. ‘Hey, how about at Thanksgiving we just eat a lot?’ ‘But we do that every day!’ ‘Oh. What if we eat a lot with people that annoy the hell out of us?’” – Jim Gaffigan
67. “Cooking Tip: Wrap turkey leftovers in aluminum foil and throw them out.” – Nicole Hollander
68. “It took me three weeks to stuff the turkey. I stuffed it through the beak.” – Phyllis Diller
69. “Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow.” – Edward Sandford Martin
70. “If you stand in the meat section at the grocery store long enough, you start to get mad at turkeys. There’s turkey ham, turkey bologna, turkey pastrami. Someone needs to tell the turkey, man, just be yourself.” – Mitch Hedberg
Happy Quotes For Thanksgiving
Here are Happy Quotes For Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving Quotes!
71. “I’m from Canada, so Thanksgiving to me is just Thursday with more food. And I’m thankful for that.” – Howie Mandel
72. “Most turkeys taste better the day after; my mother’s tasted better the day before.” – Rita Rudner
73. “Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.” – Jim Davis
74. “Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action.” – W.J. Cameron
75. “My Thanksgiving is perpetual. It is surprising how contented one can be with nothing definite — only a sense of existence.” – Henry David Thoreau
76. “You can tell you ate too much for Thanksgiving when you have to let your bathrobe out.” – Jay Leno
77. “Forever on Thanksgiving Day the heart will find the pathway home.” – Wilbur D. Nesbit
78. “And though I ebb in worth, I’ll flow in thanks.” – John Taylor
79. “Thanksgiving is a joyous invitation to shower the world with love and gratitude.” – Amy Leigh Mercree
80. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go baste the turkey and hide the kitchen knives.” – Mrs. Pascal in The House of Yes
These are the quotes categorized under Happy Thanksgiving Quotes. With these Happy Thanksgiving Quotes, expressing your feeling of gratitude in words won’t be a problem.
Enjoy these Thanksgiving Wishes Quotes, Happy Thanksgiving Quotes For Friends, Happy Thanksgiving Grateful Quotes, Best Thanksgiving Quotes, Best Happy Thanksgiving Quotes, Happy Thanksgiving Wishes Quotes, and Happy Quotes For Thanksgiving.
Remember, sharing is caring.